Dare to Be Great is a philosophy focused on embracing the pursuit of excellence, saying no to mediocrity, and striving for greatness in your life, your leadership and your organization. Now, more than ever, we needs courageous leaders who are committed to the pursuit of excellence in their own lives and committed to inspiring greatness in the men and women they lead and serve in their organizations.
Greatness, like leadership, is a choice and a process. It takes time, it takes work and it takes commitment. The benefits however, are significant and are well worth the time and effort.
This engaging, interactive and reflective workshop will explore a series of questions to help you on your journey to becoming a better leader in your organization. Dare to Be Great builds on two foundational questions and three rules, which will serve as a guide for making courageous, ethical decisions and can be combined with the organizational core values to create a culture of leading.
Additional questions will challenge you to reflect on:
- Why do you choose to be a leader in your organization?
- Why you lead the way that you do?
- What is it like to be led by you?
- How do you measure success as a leader?
- What is culture?
- What is the culture of your organization?
- How do you shift from leadership being a course to it becoming the culture of your organization?
- Who is responsible for culture?
- What is your culture around making mistakes?
- How do you change the culture?
- What are you ignoring? What are you condoning? What are you tolerating?
The emphasis in the workshop is to move away from unproductive questions such as, “Who is to blame for this?” and shift to growth questions such as:
- What piece of this do I own?
- What did I as a leader, learn from this experience?
- How can I as a leader, and we as an organization grow from this experience?
The Dare to Be Great leadership workshop addresses barriers, which often get in the way of achieving organizational excellence and provides a framework for changing the way you think about leadership, strategies for identifying and breaking down silos and a framework for pushing decision making down to the appropriate levels in the organization.
You will leave the workshop with clearly identified takeaways and action steps you can implement when you return to the workplace as well as strategies and tools to help you become a better leader. The goal of the workshop however, is for you to walk away with more questions than answers. It is those questions regarding culture, your role in changing the organization and future steps to make you a better leader, which will help you on your journey be the leader your family, your personnel, your organization, your community and your profession need you to be, and deserve you to be and to help you create a culture of leading in your organization.
Course length: Dare to Be Great: Strategies for Creating a Culture of Leading is an 8 hour workshop.