Date(s) - Thursday, May 24, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
Category(ies) No Categories
Excellence in Training is a philosophy that challenges and inspires trainers to think differently about the way you design and deliver training, engage learners, use videos, conduct debriefs and the words you use. The goal of Excellence in Training is to help good trainers become great trainers, and great trainers to deliver awesome training. The strategies covered in this program have been researched, utilized and refined over the past 28 years by Brian Willis, a veteran law enforcement officer, trainer and mental preparation coach. This workshop will benefit you whether you are an academy instructor, in-service instructor or Field Training Officer.
Key strategies covered in this workshop include:
- The core philosophy of Excellence in Training including 3 Key Questions and 3 Guiding Principles.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the conscious and subconscious mind and how they influence both training and performance.
- Are questions really a key to learning?
- Imagination – The often overlooked key to effective preparation.
- Innovative approaches to using videos in training.
- Powerful communication strategies proven to improve the effectiveness of any training program.
- Applying the research to enhance learning and make training stick.
- The keys to conducting effective debriefings, which when applied can result in improved performance and increased competence and confidence.
This dynamic and interactive workshop will challenge and inspire you to think differently about the way you conduct all aspects of training. The Excellence in Training workshop will provide you with simple, but powerful strategies you can employ immediately in your training programs, at no cost to your organization. These strategies have been proven to enhance the competence and confidence of the people you train.