Date(s) - Monday, Sep 23, 2019 - Thursday, Sep 26, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tip of Spear
Category(ies) No Categories
Winning Mind Training Ground Fighting and A.C.E. Edged Weapons Defense Instructor Course
Winning Mind Ground Fighting Instructor Course
Instructor: Sean Carter
This ground fighting instructor course is designed to provide law enforcement trainers with principles, concepts, skills and techniques necessary to train their officers in a simple and effective system for winning on and from the ground. This program will help trainers realize that the ground is simply another place to win a fight.
This system is NOT:
- A martial arts program
- A grappling class
- A system based on joint locks or submission holds
This system IS:
- A system based on simple concepts of balance, power and mobility any officer can employ from the ground.
- A system designed for defeating violent assaults against an officer who is on the ground.
- A system that is easy to learn, and easy to teach.
- A system that works regardless of whether the subject is still on their feet, or on the ground with the officer.
- A system that can be used to defeat multiple assailant confrontations where the officer ends up on the ground.
A.C.E. Edged Weapons Defense Instructor Course
This instructor course provides law enforcement trainers with the skills and knowledge to prepare their officers to win any edged weapons confrontation.
The Winning Mind Training A.C.E. program is a simple three step system for defeating the attack regardless of the line of attack:
- Avoid – move off the path of the knife, or penetrate to intercept the path.
- Control – control the delivery system (the knife arm).
- Eliminate – eliminate the threat by attacking vision/wind/limbs.
Avoid – Moving out of the path of the attack. Either disengaging or penetrating accomplishes this phase of the defense. Disengaging requires moving laterally, or to the rear to move out of the path of the edged weapon. Penetration refers to closing the distance so you are inside the path of the knife.
Control – Control of the delivery system (the attacking arm) is a critical element to defeating the attack. This control prevents the subject from instigating further attacks with the edged weapon. This can be accomplished in a number of ways.
Eliminate – Eliminate the threat is the final component to defeating an edged weapons attack. Edged weapons attacks are lethal force threats and often call for violent aggressive action on the part of the officer to eliminate the threat. This involves grounding the subject utilizing the principles of balance, power, and mobility and ensuring they are disarmed, or cease to be a threat to the officer.
Note: These two programs have been combined into an intensive four day instructor program. All participants receive instructional DVD’s of both systems for future reference as well as a CD containing color instructor manuals.
New Instructors: $695.00 Plus GST
Instructor Recertification: $495.00 Plus GST
Dress: This is a physical skills course and all attendees should dress appropriately.