Date(s) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
What is it that allows some men and women to remain calm, focused, in control and confident, draw on their training and preparation, and perform heroically in the middle of tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving events? Why is it that when some men and women, when faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles and challenges have the ability to rise above and succeed despite the magnitude of those challenges? What is it about the way these men and women, these heroes, think, act, train, prepare and respond that allows them to perform at the highest levels?
The Heroes Path to Excellence in Law Enforcement will explore these very questions and provide simple, proven strategies that every law enforcement professional can apply in his or her own life to guide them on the heroes path to personal and professional excellence.
This engaging and inspiring seminar will build on three main themes:
- Life’s Most Powerful Question – What’s Important Now?
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” Christopher Reeves’
- Excellence in a Choice
The stories of law enforcement professionals, military personnel and civilians, ordinary men and women, who when faced with violent attacks, serious injuries, health issues and life’s many other challenges, persevered, endured and found a way to be victorious will be examined throughout the day. The lessons learned from these ‘heroes’ will come to life through their stories.
Strategies covered during the day include:
- W.I.N. – Life’s Most Powerful Question
- Embrace the Suck and Find the Good
- The Power of Commitment:
- Pursuit of Personal Excellence
- Brother and Sister Officers
- Dealing with Change
- Understanding there is more to the Warrior Spirit than War
- Focus on what You control
- A new definition of Failure
- Leadership is not about rank, position or title
This seminar may just change the way you think, the way you train and the way you live.
To register for this seminar contact:
Sergeant Derek Rosales
Professional Standards Unit
Online bookings are not available for this event.