The theme of all three of my blog posts this week is: Focus on What You Control and Control the Controllable.
As a trainer you control:
- Your attitude.
- The way you treat people in training.
- The way you treat people outside of training.
- Your preparation.
- How you teach.
- The questions you ask.
- How you provide feedback
- The energy you bring to training.
- The learning environment you create.
- Your learning.
- The effort you put into developing your mind, body and craft.
- What you do with the time and resources you have.
You can spend your time and energy focused on, and complaining about, things outside of your control, or you can focus on what you control and control the controllable.
You get to choose. Choose well as you are in one of the most influential leadership positions in your agency.
Winning Mind Training – Providing practical training to law enforcement professionals in the areas of instructor development, Performance Enhancement Imagery, leadership and mindset.
The Excellence in Training Academy – A membership site for law enforcement trainers seeking to invest in their ongoing professional development. Join Now.
Dare to Be Great Leadership – Providing practical leadership training.