Date(s) - Tuesday, Mar 26, 2024 - Thursday, Mar 28, 2024
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Performance Enhancement Imagery
Enhancing Human Performance:
Proven Techniques for Harnessing The Power of the Mind
Are you looking for the missing piece to the puzzle to help your officers and athletes ‘get it’?
Have you heard from the great performers that elite performance is 80% mental and 20% physical and wondered how to best tap into that 80%?
Have you heard about imagery / mental rehearsal / visualization and wondered exactly what it is and how it works?
Then you are at the right place.
Performance Enhancement Imagery is a course built by Brian Willis, an experienced law enforcement officer and trainer, and mental performance coach. Brian has conducted group and individual imagery sessions with over 2000 people including law enforcement officers, trainers, athletes, coaches and individuals seeking positive change in their lives. Brian has also trained hundreds of law enforcement trainers and coaches from around North America to utilize Performance Enhancement Imagery as a method of effecting powerful change in officers’ and athletes’ performance.
Imagery is a simple, effective method of harnessing the power of the mind to enhance performance. Performance Enhancement Imagery accomplishes this by focusing and directing the imagination. Performance Enhancement Imagery is a unique and comprehensive program can be utilized to enhance all aspects of physical and mental performance in physical skills training, academics, test performance, firearms and performance on the street in tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving situations.
During this course you will gain an understanding of what imagery is, how it works and why it is such a powerful performance enhancement tool. The comprehensive and interactive format of this training will allow you to learn simple methods for incorporating imagery into your training programs and your life. Performance Enhancement Imagery can be utilized one on one or in a group to assist officers and athletes enhance their competence and confidence in any arena of performance.
In just three days you will gain an in-depth understanding of how the mind works, and how to effectively develop and deliver imagery sessions to groups and individuals. This cutting-edge program teaches time-tested, research informed and proven techniques taught by a knowledgeable, experienced and professional instructor.
The Performance Enhancement Imagery Course covers:
- What imagery is, how it works and the broad applications for performance Enhancement Imagery.
- Understanding the Roles and Responsibilities of the Conscious and subconscious mind and their role in Imagery.
- A framework for building and delivering structured imagery sessions for an individual as well as a group.
- Examples of individuals and group who have utilized imagery to enhance performance in a wide range of areas.
- Keys to using imagery for yourself.
- Understanding the Power of Words, the impact of language on images in the mind, and the potential impact on performance.
- Self talk (your internal dialogue) and its role in imagery.
- The research regarding the efficacy of imagery and how it can inform our use of Performance Enhancement Imagery.
- The PETTLEP framework for motor imagery.
- The Power of Questions and the link between the use of effective questions and Performance Enhancement Imagery.
- Keys to conducting effective debriefings including the role of imagery in debriefings.
This interactive and experiential course will provide you the skills, knowledge and experience to begin using Performance Enhancement Imagery in your life and your training. If you come with an open mind and a willingness to learn you will walk away with life changing skills.
Length: Three days (24 hours).
About the Facilitator:
Brian operates Winning Mind Training Inc., a company dedicated to serving the heroic men and women of law enforcement through the Core Values of Focus on What’s Important Now, Stay Curious and Seek to Inspire Others. Brian was a full time police officer with the Calgary Police Service for 25 years and has over 34 years of training experience.
In addition to his work with current and future leaders in the areas of mindset, personal accountability, service, and the pursuit of excellence Brian provides professional development training for public safety trainers. Brian has also served as a mental preparation coach for athletes from a variety of sports including two Canadian Olympic athletes. Brian serves as the Deputy Executive Director for the International Law Enforcement Trainers and Educators Association.
Log in if you already have an account with us.