I have the privilege of travelling around North America and working with law enforcement professionals and trainers from all aspects of law enforcement. One of the things I consistently hear from trainers are complaints about their officers and their attitudes towards training. Those complaints usually start with the word ‘They’, referring to their officers, and often focus on inservice officers.
The list of complaints includes:
- They always come to training with a bad attitude.
- They sit in class and check their e-mails and Facebook pages while I am teaching.
- They sit in the back row and and think I cannot see them on their phones checking e-mails.
- They do not want to participate when I try to get them involved.
- They come back late from breaks.
- They show up late at the start of the day.
- The first thing they want to know is “What time are we getting out of here?”
- They expect to get out early.
- They never train on their own between mandatory training sessions.
- They will not go to training on their own time or if they have to pay for it themselves.
- They are always having side conversations during class.
Brian Willis – Committed to excellence in training and excellence through training.
Think Differently About Training.
At Winning Mind Training we are driven by our dedication to inspiring the pursuit of personal excellence and our belief that every law enforcement officer deserves to experience awesome training.
Register now for one of the upcoming Excellence in Training Courses in Littleton, CO in September, Tulsa, OK in October, Vancouver, B.C. in November, Amarillo, TX in December and in Madison, WI March 2015. I will also be teaching a one day Excellence in Training Seminar in Oregon on September 15. Go to our website at www.brianw260.sg-host.com to register now for one of these programs while space is still available.
If you would like to book me to speak on Excellence in Training, The Heroes Path to Excellence in Law Enforcement or The Pursuit of Personal Excellence or any of the other related topics at your event or to your agency please contact me at email@example.com.