“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
When I read this quote by Einstein it struck me that he could be talking about me. Now, let me be clear that I am not putting myself in the same category as Albert Einstein. My curiosity however, is what got me interested in training and has kept me passionately interested for the last 25 years.
I was, and still am, curious about:
- How we can deliver training in a more effective manner.
- How we can harness the power of the mind through language, images and imagery.
- How we can set officers up for success through effective training.
- How we can conduct more effective debriefings.
- How can we more effectively use videos in training.
- How do we most effectively engage the introverts in the class.
- How do we use PowerPoint more effectively.
- How do we tell better stories.
- How do we ask better questions.
- How we can more effectively engage the learners in our classes.
- How can we create a culture of leadership.
I have no special skills or talents. I am however passionately curious and have striven to surround myself with people who are smarter than me and more skilled than me and passionately curious.
What are you curious about?
Inspiring law enforcement professionals to – Think differently about training and leadership by applying Life’s Most Powerful Question – What’s Important Now?
At Winning Mind Training we are driven by our dedication to inspiring the pursuit of personal excellence and our belief that every law enforcement officer deserves to experience awesome training.
Be sure to check out the Resources Page for book recommendations, life resources and training links.
I have Excellence in Training Courses scheduled in Vancouver, B.C., Edmonton, AB, Kissimmee, FL, Amarillo, TX, Scottsdale, AZ, Fort Worth, TX and Madison, WI. Go to www.winningmindtraining.com to register now while there is still room.
If you would like to book me to speak at your event or to your agency on Excellence in Training, The Heroes Path to Excellence in Law Enforcement, The Pursuit of Personal Excellence or W.I.N.: Lessons From Life’s Most Powerful Question contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resistance bands are an integral part of my workouts every week both at home and on the road. If you are interested in highly effective function fitness training that is easy to use in your home, in a hotel room or at the park then click on the Resistance Band Training link below. In the spirit of full disclosure I do have an Affiliate relationship with them so if you make a purchase through this link I do receive a small royalty.