The end of 2015 means the beginning of a new year. With the new year comes new opportunities for growth and development.
I know I promised last week that I would talk about strategies for breaking down the silos and eliminating the training gaps. I will provide those strategies next week. Massive computer issues and the realization that it is already December 29 caused a change in plans.
In the spirit of growth and sharing here are some reading and training recommendations for you as we move into 2016.
Recommended Reading for 2016
If you have not already read the following books I would highly recommend they be on your reading list in 2016:
- Resilience: Hard Won Wisdom for Living a Better Life by Eric Greitens
- Team of Teams: new Rules of Engagement for a Complex World By Stanley McChrystal
- Left of Bang By Patrick Van Horne and Jason Riley
- InSideOut Coaching By Joe Ehrmann
- The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict By The Abridger Institute
- Rising Strong By Brene Brown
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success By Carol Dweck
- Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the key to Adaptive Decision Making By Gary Klein
- Excellence in Training – I know this is self serving but the five day Excellence in Training Course could be one of the most important professional development courses you attend. www.brianw260.sg-host.com
- The Excellence in Training Academy – Whether you attend the Excellence in Training Course or not, if you are a law enforcement trainer, this Academy has been created to serve you. Every week there is a new interview or webinar added to the Members Only Content area, all designed to help you on your journey to becoming a great trainer. Join before the end of the year and the first month is free and you get a chance to win a full scholarship to the ILEETA Conference in March. www.excellenceintrainingacademy.com
- ILEETA – As a trainer this conference has to be on you bucket list at least once, if not every year. www.ileeta.org
- WINx: Inspiring Excellence in Law Enforcement – This one day event will be held November 16, 2016 in Lisle, Illinois and is unlike any law enforcement training event you have ever attended. The event features 9 speakers, each with 18 minutes to deliver a dynamic and engaging presentation. There are opportunities between blocks of speakers to connect with the speakers and other attendees as well as engage in interactive experiences. www.experiencewinx.com
- Force Science Institute – At the very least attend their two day seminar, and if possible attend the five day Force Science Analyst Course. They also have a new two day body camera seminar. www.forcescience.org
- Left of Bang Online Training – Patrick Van Horne offers an online academy for Left of Bang. I am currently working through. www.academy.cp-journal.com/programs
Send me an e-mail or comment below to share your recommended readings and trainings for 2016.
Winning Mind Training – Dedicated to helping good trainers become great trainers and great trainers to deliver awesome training.
The Excellence in Training Academy – Where trainers come to grow. Join the Community before the end of the year and you get the first month free as well as a chance to win a scholarship to the 2016 ILEETA Conference (Conference fee, travel expenses and accommodations)
Interested in hosting an Excellence in Training Presentation, Seminar or Course? Contact to me at email@example.com and we can work together to determine what will best suit your needs.