Over the years I have heard the expression a number of times by officers who say they would rather be “Judged by 12, than carried by 6”. I am sure we are all familiar with this saying which refers to the fact that the officer would rather have their actions in a deadly force confrontation judged by a jury of 12 of their peers than lose the fight and be carried by 6 pall bearers at their funeral. The saying often comes up during discussions about the authority of the officer to use deadly force against a subject.
- October 5, IALEFI RTC Bend, Oregon – 4 hour presentation for Command level leaders on Excellence Through Training and a 4 hour presentation for trainers on Excellence in Training.
- October 19 to 22, Mount Prospect, Illinois – Excellence in Training Course
- November 16 to 20, Lake Oswego, Oregon – Excellence in Training and Verbal Trauma Control Course
- November 30 to December 4, Edmonton, Alberta – Excellence in Training and Verbal Trauma Control Course
- January 19 to 22, 2010 Madison, Wisconsin – Excellence in Training Course