As trainers we have a certain standards of behavior that are acceptable in the classroom. Behaviors that would fall into the category of unacceptable in the classroom include:
- Carrying on side conversations.
- Text messaging.
- Reading newspapers.
- Surfing the internet on a laptop or handheld device.
- Doing your own thing in a physical skills class.
- Arriving late for class.
- Returning late from breaks.
- Challenging the instructor with ‘Well the way I was taught to do it is…”
The question this week is what kind of student are you when you are in someone else’s class?
- Be very aware of your behavior in class.
- Remember what it is like to be at the front of the room and,
- Model your behavior accordingly.