If you were to make a list of behaviours that are unacceptable for students in your class it would likely include:
- Text messaging with friends.
- Checking e-mails.
- Showing up late at the start of the day.
- Coming back late from breaks.
- Having side conversations with other students.
- Childish behaviour such as poking other students, knocking over other peoples bags, stepping on someone’s lunch bag, etc.
- In the combative room wrestling and jacking around on breaks.
Now ask yourself what kind of student you are. Do you engage in any of these behaviors when you are a student in another instructor’s class?
I have seen all theses behaviours from instructors when they are in the student role. Behaviours that would result in punishment to students in their class.
As trainers we should show respect for fellow instructors and strive to be the ideal students.